Main Server Drive Failure

General TomPool discussion.
Tommo
Site Admin

Main Server Drive Failure

Post by Tommo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:35 pm

The main server has suffered a drive failure, recovery isn't looking good this time, all attempts so far have failed. There are some further options for me to try but its looking like I'll need to rebuild the main server from backups. No idea how long this will take, it involves a lot of tireless work I hate to even think of beginning. I'll update this thread when/if things change...

How's your day been?

fiore

Re: Main Server Drive Failure

Post by fiore » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:11 am

Hi Tommo sorry to hear about the hard drive. I would like to donate 10.00 in Bitcoin to you for your hard work and efforts. Please put you bitcoin address in your response so I can send you a donation. I have enjoyed using your site for many years now and its been a part of my cryptocoin experience.

Tommo
Site Admin

Post by Tommo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:39 am

Hi fiore,

Thank you for the offer, I don't usually accept donations but if anyone's willing to donate please use this address:

1LUu4QdVAv8SZWa9Dox4TxvzcHnu5Ak3SZ

Although this is all technically my problem and shouldn't come down to any miners having to contribute to get things back up and running, thank you to anyone who sends something through. Chances are a number of the wallets won't be recoverable so I'll need to refill them :/

Anywhose, latest status is I've booted into the Ubuntu live cd to try and rebuild the array, its reporting as 'clean, degraded' with 2 of the 3 drives in active sync. Sounds good in theory but in practice previous attempts to sync the third drive have failed with read errors, rebuilding while booted from the live cd has the third drive listed as 'spare rebuilding' but no progress status so I don't have a clue if its doing anything or simply sitting there saying 'rebuilding'.

Managed to boot into the OS yesterday and start an SSH session, directory listings work ok but attempts to access any files result in I/O errors... not going well :cry:

Fun times.

Tommo
Site Admin

Post by Tommo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Super great news, I've been unable to recover the failed array. The machine is being wiped and re-imaged by the web host, I'm having an extra drive added in the process to run RAID-10 instead of RAID-5.

Not much else to say, other than its going to take a while to get everything back to normal.

ernie

Post by ernie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Tommo wrote:Super great news, I've been unable to recover the failed array. The machine is being wiped and re-imaged by the web host, I'm having an extra drive added in the process to run RAID-10 instead of RAID-5.

Not much else to say, other than its going to take a while to get everything back to normal.
Ouch, I have heard of RAID-5 doing that often, not sure why. I use ZFS RAID myself, not a fan of hardware RAID controllers.

Did you loose much data since the last backup?

- Ernie.

fiore

Post by fiore » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 pm

Hey Tommo I just sent you the donation. I invite others to do the same as Tommo is putting in a lot of effort to keep the pool going. I have really enjoyed mining at your pool and look forward to doing more mining there in the future. Thank you for your efforts.

Tommo
Site Admin

Post by Tommo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:13 am

ernie wrote:
Tommo wrote:Super great news, I've been unable to recover the failed array. The machine is being wiped and re-imaged by the web host, I'm having an extra drive added in the process to run RAID-10 instead of RAID-5.

Ouch, I have heard of RAID-5 doing that often, not sure why. I use ZFS RAID myself, not a fan of hardware RAID controllers.

Did you loose much data since the last backup?

- Ernie.
I'm running software RAID, can't say I've been happy with the reliability of SSD's in a server environment, seems the constant DB/wallet writes are too taxing on them.

I have automated daily backups of the DB and the individual coin DB's are on another server so no data loss there, the main issue is setting up all the config of the old server. Node stratum/config for each individual pool/multipool switcher/multipool calculator/block chains and code of each coin running on this server/likelihood of corrupt wallets restored from backup/ugh the list goes on...

Tommo
Site Admin

Post by Tommo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:13 am

fiore wrote:Hey Tommo I just sent you the donation. I invite others to do the same as Tommo is putting in a lot of effort to keep the pool going. I have really enjoyed mining at your pool and look forward to doing more mining there in the future. Thank you for your efforts.
Many thanks for your support fiore, a little bit goes a long way :)

kerqbut

is another way to say

Post by kerqbut » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm

This is another way to say /Sril

AbakbaloTiC

wot matchmaking is bad 6897

Post by AbakbaloTiC » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:58 am

divorced women's dating in bangalore gd dating 2014 what to do if my ex girlfriend is dating someone else carbon dating activity puzzle answers dating tayo english lyrics hook up pen online dating nagpur australian christian dating websites dating biology reddit dating slump age gap dating someone much younger
online dating coach jobs
marriage not dating 6.bölüm asya fanatikleri
dating a man with acne
sample male dating profiles
dating in kaiserslautern germany
profiltext dating seite
patna local dating
best friend is dating
i'm 21 should i try online dating
matchmaking 101
how to bypass dating sites
dating website philippines free
dating reduces stress

what not to do when you first start dating a girl can a dating scan be wrong by 3 weeks what to do when your ex starts dating someone else running into a hookup danielle towie dating gay north east dating online dating in lahore looking to hook up meaning online dating advice podcast interracial dating christian perspective matchmaking graph writing a bio for dating site list of dating apps like tinder dating site houston tx dating rwanda ladies tumblr dating site hook up bistro cape charles gedicht dating avatar dating sites
100 free dating site for over 40
best app to hookup locally
ex is already dating someone else
casual dating chicago
define first base in dating
hookup burnley
carbon dating parameters
r catholic dating
date york speed dating wien
dating service dubai
living social speed dating
dating blog wordpress
fort collins hookup
saga dating costs
autococker dating site

hookup dating customer service dating timetable tete a claque speed dating dating of homeric poems chilli dating requirements 19 signs you're dating a loser dating companies in atlanta how to tell your mom that you're dating a girl dating harder than ever online dating scams 2017 dating sites market size dating e4 name price dating questions to ask her when dating top dating app korea gauge hook up
single over 40 dating
dating a scorpio pie chart
tuffo matchmaking
interracial dating scandinavia
nepal dating site
ti dating sites
online dating status
dating site on whatsapp
tiwa confirms she is dating wizkid
dating a british army guy
dating panerai watches
dating in seminary
g dating websites
what does god say about dating and relationships
dating o que Г©
eigene dating website erstellen
popularity of dating sites
what do you do after you hook up with a guy
ikorodu hookup
cs go matchmaking failed connection not reliable

mystery dating coach indian dating dallas speed dating questions in spanish who was shalom dating before golnesa funny dating profile headline tendon dating site speed dating success rate matchmaking analysis obscene speed dating bristol fortnite matchmaking disabled today dating shure elements hookup reykjavik matchmaking backend reddit dating stds absolute dating carbon 14 should the girl make the first move online dating sales is like dating
free online dating in uae
pennsylvania dating websites
hookup sites for free
sugar mummies dating sites in kenya
speed dating specialties
calculating radioactive dating
ventimiglia dating
free dating apps taiwan
who is athena dating
dating website for 10 year olds
who is dating lili reinhart
c12 dating
best free dating sites boston
how dating in your 30s is different
what's it like dating a guy in the army
barbie hsu dating history

alpha male and alpha female dating prince dating site casual dating meaning hindi uganda dating online intp infj dating free dating websites for professionals tpo dating sites dating website tonight dating rating chart craigslist dating tulsa ok hookup spots boulder
bedste dating steder
one young man single and free
badoo dating app apk download
2 types of relative dating
bratislava hookup
dating ashburn va
dating word games
dating apps ios
paris hookup bars
istj dating advice
best online dating sites in vancouver
green dating coach